Thursday, February 18, 2010

relaxing...

Well, things have finally settled down over here, I am mostly settled into my housing, I have done some shopping and gotten some things I need, I enrolled for classes today and got my new student ID and i think I am putting together a trip to the South Island for next week.

Things left to do:

1. Get my final room assignment, which hopefully will be coming tomorrow afternoon, but I don't get to move to my final room until Sunday morning.

2. Get to the warehouse, the kiwi version of target, and get my hangers, soap, check off all the things on my post-it note and not get lost getting there!

3. Make another big run to the grocery store...it's hard to cook for just one person!

4. Get to the farmer's market this weekend to get some fresh veggies and fruit...

5. Make it a goal to walk up the stairs of death at least once a day, if not more. I need those buns of steel!!!

For right now those goals seem pretty manageable. Getting the trip organized for next week might be a little stressful but hopefully it will all work out. I am really trying to get to queenstown so hopefully that all works out. I haven't really bonded with anyone from my original group and it's a little depressing sometimes but I am making new friends and working on finding some Kiwi friends to guide me around the city.

I think tonight is the first night I'll be actually going out on the town. I haven't really gone out or used my power of 18+ drinking yet, but tonight is the night! (Maybe)

I think this weekend I'm going to spend most of my time exploring the city, checking out the shops and even though I live 3 blocks from the ocean, I still haven't made it there yet :( Oh well, just another thing to add to the list!

It's a weird combination of being busy but also having nothing to do all at the same time...it's tough to balance!

I hope all is well at home and with everyone, if anyone wants to contact me my email is postx072@umn.edu. I think i already posted that but I haven't gotten any emails yet!!! :( Otherwise I'll be in touch on here and on facebook!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment